We'll be on break for the next week, drinking egg nog and playing games, and wish you all the best for Christmas and the New Year. Here are 25 must-read features from 2019 to keep you busy.
2019 is fast coming to a close and the GameDaily staff is about to go spend time with friends and family for the holidays. We can't thank our readers enough for their support this year and we wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! We'll be returing to our normal posting schedule on January 2, 2020.
If you're still itching for some content, perhaps you missed some of our best feature stories from 2019, so in no particular order here's some fantastic reading material for your perusal while we're away:
- [EXCLUSIVE] Reggie Fils-Aime: From Taking Names to Making Names
- How Astro Gaming transformed itself from esports mainstay to lifestyle powerhouse
- The State of Cloud Gaming in the Lead Up to Google Stadia
- Robin Hunicke: 'I think of Funomena as a process, not a fixed entity'
- Women in Games 2019: 'Your voice matters, and your imagination matters'
- How esports, mobile, and women are shaping the future of China's games market [Niko Partners]
- The Journey Ahead: Sky is Jenova Chen's Newest Attempt to Evolve The Medium of Games
- Bloodstained creator Koji Igarashi doesn't like the term 'spiritual successor'
- GameStop to redesign in-store experience, but will it be enough?
- Games For The Blind: One Developer's Quest to Make AAA Games for the Visually Impaired
- IGDA Foundation Executive Director: '[Diversity] isn't a budget line, talking point, or checkbox.'
- Developers ask players to pirate games rather than buy from G2A, painting a thorny legal picture
- Jason Rubin: Oculus Quest is seeing 'console-like usage'
- 'The midsize developer is certainly disappearing,' says Versus Evil founder
- EXCLUSIVE: A candid conversation with EA's Andrew Wilson at E3 2019
- ID@Xbox: Launch timing is the 'number one thing we can attribute to success or failure'
- Casual Connect: Ready at Dawn's focus on people means more diversity and global hiring
- 'History Isn't Over': Why Glory Society Believes Video Game Co-ops Are the Future
- Kaz Hirai's legacy as he rides off into Sony's sunset
- The Dragon Prince: How Wonderstorm Is Building The New Era Of Transmedia
- Insomniac's Ted Price On Why The Game Industry Must Continue To Confront Difficult Topics
- Surviving The Discoverability Crisis: Developers Can't Wait For Others To Promote Them
- Disney's Complicated Relationship With Video Games
- Fortnite Has Shown Us 'What Consumers Expect' - Kabam CEO
- Resident Evil 2 sums up Capcom's gameplan: Giving you more of the same (but better)
For more stories like this one delivered straight to your inbox, please subscribe to the GameDailyBiz Digest!/* =$comments; */?>